Home buying can be a daunting and complex process. But with The Kitzman Team at your side, it doesn’t have to be. Remember, we work for you and are here to look after your best interests. So take a few minutes and learn how we can help you find what you’re looking for.
Find a REALTOR® who is right for you
As your REALTORS®, we aren’t just people who help find you a home. We will be an invaluable resource for knowledge, contacts and advice that help turn buying a piece of property into a home. We will be with you every step of the way!
How REALTORS® can help buyers like you
- Review your list of wants and needs to help you determine your price range.
- Answer questions about the markets you’re interested in and help you compare homes and neighbourhoods.
- Use the local real estate Board’s MLS® System. As your REALTORS®, we can give you access to exclusive features of an MLS® System that the public is not privy to.
- Preview properties to ensure you’re only shown homes that meet your needs and budget.
- Make appointments and walk you through potential homes, answering all your questions.
- Give up-to-the-minute information on financing and explain your mortgage options.
- Negotiate with the seller, smooth out any potential conflicts and draw up a legally binding contract.
Canada’s money laundering reporting requirements
As your REALTORS®, we will advise you of reporting requirements by FINTRAC, the federal agency responsible for administering Canada’s Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing legislation and regulations. We are required by federal law to complete a client identification form, and must ask you as a client (buyer) for verified ID such as a driver’s license or passport. You can find out more on the FINTRAC web site at http://www.fintrac-canafe.gc.ca.
See what’s out there
Now’s the time to pound the pavement and see what’s available. This step can be either incredibly fun or incredibly exhausting. But with Kevin and Faye, you’ll be able to sift through to your dream home much more effectively.
- Read and see all about it
- Start reading real estate ads in local papers.
- Visit the areas you’re considering to get a feel for them.
- Make note of surrounding schools, shopping and recreational areas.
- Keep an eye out for not-so-great things like large industrial areas, railway tracks and airports.
- Visit during the day and at night.
The Buyer Representation Agreement – Guaranteeing You the Very Best in Real Estate Service
When it comes to just about every kind of contract, signing on the dotted line makes us all a little bit nervous. When selling a home, most people are aware they sign a Listing Agreement with a REALTOR®. There is, however, an agreement that REALTORS® ask their home-buying clients to sign. It’s an agreement that works in favour of buyers, guaranteeing the very best in real estate service.
Open Houses, come on in
‘Open Houses’ are a great way to see inside the homes of your potential neighborhood. We know the local market inside and out, and will be happy to answer your questions – don’t be afraid to ask!
Welcome to the wonders of www.REALTOR.ca
We have access to incredible house-hunting tools called MLS® Systems, which are operated by real estate Boards across Canada. You can view publicly available information about MLS® listings at www.REALTOR.ca. Also, we can start sending you listings of potential homes right away. Most listings will have multiple photos, and some even have moving 360-degree views! And with the interactive mapping feature, you’ll be amazed how fast and easy it is to zero in on your favourite few homes.
Stay objective when visiting potential homes
Walking through a potential home is a thrill, but try not to lose your head. Don’t let a giant kitchen island or swanky hot tub distract you from your real goal, finding a home that meets all your needs and fits your budget.
Walking through your potential home can be so exciting, that it’s easy to forget some details. Was there a bathroom on the main floor? What shape was the roof really in? If a home truly interests you, arm yourself with this House Hunting Checklist (see checklists tab) and bring it with you to homes you’re serious about buying. When it comes time to review, you’ll be happy you did. Good luck and happy hunting!